Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cornento


I saw these baby ice cream cones sold at the local store. Always wanted to try Keller's version, but I figured I have a better chance at making my own version than flying out to California for one of his.
I piped a pastry bag with creme fresh, mixed with mirin (asian palate needs some sweetness), shallots, chives, lime zest, maldon, and a touch of pepper).
I honestly forgot to get the salmon belly from the Japanese market (duh!) when I went to get the scallops and uni. I improvised with some lightly smoked trout from Tetsuya's home line. Tossed with some olive oil, lime (asian), and zest, it was perfect.
I chilled it to let it set so I could use a round measuring spoon as a scooper!
It was fun! I had to stop at two servings per guest so we could use the rest of the cones for the gelato later!

No comments:

Post a Comment