Saturday, March 21, 2009

How to eat cauliflower


Never been a huge fan. Mom usually stir fried this with garlic and too much water (sorry mom). I chanced upon a recipe from a new cookbook from 25 degrees (if you could call it a cookbook), Tony Botella's Cocktail Cuisine.
Simple enough, I used a third of a head of cauliflower simmered in whole milk with a pinch of salt and pepper. Processed in Cuisinart, pipped into a pastry bag and chill. I also added a splash of truffle oil.
I used some of the sweeter white peach and minced it to 1/8th inch cubes.
The original recipe called for mango but the ones I picked were better for a salad or pickling.
Assembly. The peach was layered on the base of the cup, followed by a nice shot of chilled cauliflower, and then lump fish roe.
Great combination of sweet, earthy, creamy and slightly briny (in a good way) sensation on the palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment